It’s time for another scrap layout challenge! I know you’ve been seeing a lot of digital layouts I created lately but this one is mostly paper. Actually…it’s a hybrid layout, a little digi trick, papercrafting and stamping too. This week the layout is a fun simple design to highlight a special photo. I thought it was the perfect layout to scrap this beautiful picture of my friend’s daughter. To make the layout work better for this layout, I simply flipped the layout vertically. Lesley Langdon designed this layout sketch for us this time and she has a great sample as well here. I hope you’ll play along with us.
Here’s the layout..sorry…you’ll just have to picture the outline of the layout. White on white doesn’t quite work. 😉
Quick Tip: Just because the sketch is fairly simple, don’t forget you can add your own embellishing and stamping to break up the design and give it your own style.
- Brushed on layer of Distress Crackle paint gives you a place to “ground” your image and embellishments.
- Journal on a stamped Scrapblock™ area
- ink up part of Scrapblocks™ to get a faded in and out look
- pair up unusual combos such as reds and purples for a rich, unique look
- If you look close I added a digital paper element over the top of the photo background. You can do the same thing with stamping using a mask over the face and stamping a Backgrounder in White Stazon ink.
- This photo had a date stamp on it. I covered it up with a flower to prevent it from taking away from this beautiful photo.
Thanks for stopping by!
–Aged Sheet Music Scrapblock™ by Cornish Heritage Farms
–Vintage Ledger Scrapblock™ by Cornish Heritage Farms
-flower and beautiful sentiment from Beautiful Stamp set (The Rummage Bin) by Cornish Heritage Farms
-quotation from Motivational Centers (Mona Lisa Moments line) by Cornish Heritage Farms
-Black and Burnt Umber Palette Ink by Stewart Superior
cardstock by Prism
-KI Memories lace paper
-ribbon by Prima
-flowers by Prima
-chipboard by Fancy Pants Designs
-chipboard letters by Basic Grey
-brad by Making Memories
-rhinestones by Doodlebug designs