Today is the first official day of Spring and my goodness, it’s going to feel more like summer this afternoon if we hit the projected high. It’s way past time to change my wardrobe over. Capris and sandals are in order for today.
My card today features some sweet rain boots which are more traditionally worn this time of year. The stamp set is by Avocado Arts and is very much a favorite of mine.
Masking is a great technique for stamping and this design uses a lot of masking. Masking gives stamped scenes a dimensional look and is worth the little extra time involved. Here’s my steps…
1. Mask outer edges of cardstock to create image box.
2. Stamp rubber boot and mask boot.
3. Stamp boot again and mask it.
4. Stamp grass, clouds and sentiment.
5. Remove all masks.
6. Color in boots with Copic Markers.
7. Mat image and adhere to card.
8. Tie button with twine and adhere.