Wow! Things have been busy around here since I last posted. I kept my word and really have buried myself in a spring cleaning craft room purge. I did a real clean sweep and have gotten rid of 95% of my patterned paper, older stamps and all kinds of things that I rarely use. Still can’t quite believe I’ve done that but things will be MUCH more efficient from now on.
I couldn’t resist making a few new cards from the bits and pieces I found. I’ll share those another day as they aren’t photographed yet. My daughter is on her way home and I pick her up shortly. So excited! She traveled all night to spend a couple days with us. Another girls’ lunch is in order don’t you think?
In the meantime… I have a shabby little wedding frame to share with you today. I was just thinking it would be cute on wedding tables too with table numbers in them or how about a large grouping of them with all sorts of pictures of the bride and groom?
One of the new products I have been enjoying lately is the XXL Glue Dots®. They are such a wonderful size for creating your own embellishments.
I’ve used two of the XXL Glue Dots® to create this rolled rose and tulle flower. Here’s how to do it…
- Punch a large circle from cardstock and apply your XXL Glue Dot® on it.
- Starting in the center, twist your linen ribbon and spiral it tightly around the Glue Dot until entire dot is covered.
- Trim away excess cardstock and adhere tail of ribbon on reverse.
- Apply a second XXL Glue Dot® to reverse side of rolled rose flower.
- Apply two layers of tulle ribbon around outside edge of Glue Dot. Adhere to frame.
The vintage buttons are also adhered with dots to the frame. Mini Glue Dots® are the perfect size for adhering tiny buttons and their thin profile keeps them flat to the project.
Supplies: vintage buttons, Buttercup line patterned paper, frame: unknown, also…