I can’t believe how fast the time flies by! Two weeks have gone by and its once again time for another layout sketch challenge. This design was created by Lesley Langdon and I just love its fun, unique elements. If you have a lot of little photos…this is perfect for it. Fun for school photos, large wallet size photos, or just plain crop a group of fun shots from an impromptu photo-shoot like I did. To play along with this layout challenge…simply use this sketch for inspiration. Upload your project to your blog and/or the CHF gallery and link HERE. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
You’re a Hoot (click on pic to enlarge)
My youngest is always such a hoot…never a dull moment around here! I couldn’t resist pairing up these fun shots of him with the Kim Hughes U R A Hoot stamp set for this layout.
Here’s the journaling…
I found you in the living room after church. All dressed up in your argyle vest and wearing my hat. You looked so cute I couldn’t resist snapping some pics. Cause honey….
You’re a Hoot!
- lots of arrows create movement
- I carried the circle theme of the layout into my paper choices…dots and a circular based ornamental pattern
- the Grid Pattern Backgrounder makes a great grid to journal on
- Don’t worry about using less than perfect photos…a blurry toddler adds to the sense of movement and captures that element of his personality
- I love adding a little texture…I just adore these American Crafts brown felt letters for part of the title
- I love adding staples…hubby hates them! LOL What do you think?
Have a fabulous day!
-You’re a Hoot from Pretty Birds (Kim Hughes line) by Cornish Heritage Farms
– Owl and Branch from U R A Hoot (Kim Hughes line) by Cornish Heritage Farms
–grid paper backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms
-Burnt Umber Palette ink by Stewart Superior
-Brush Corduroy Distress ink by Ranger
-Spring Willow Light by Prism
-Simply Smooth White by Prism
– black paper from Making Memories
-dotted blue paper from My Mind’s Eye
-markers by Copic
-chipboard arrow by Basic Grey
-small chipboard arrows by Maya Road
-brown felt letters by American Crafts
-epoxy buttons by Making Memories
-ribbon by Creative Impressions
-die cut strip by Doodlebug Designs
-Curvy Cutter circle template by EK Success