LOL I’ve been tagged three times (Lisa Johnson, Lindsey Botkin, Mary Duffek) in the past 24 hours so I guess I need to stop and play along! Fun! Although…I’m not quite sure what I’m going to say! I’m never good at these things! I can never think of anything exciting! But….I’ll try! 🙂
Here’s the deal…
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself (on your blog, we all want to know them).
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Random things about me… (try not to fall asleep 😉
1. I love to read. Books, books and more books! I’ve had to really cut back though to focus on my stamping. I used to read minimum one book a week.
2. I like being organized but alas…I fail miserably.
3. Unless under a deadline, I usually design two projects a day. I have a small corner of the family that is always overflowing with paper and goodies.
4. I love wearing skirts and do so almost every day. I have about 4x as many skirts as I do pairs of pants.
5. My favorite subjects in High School were Art, Math and Drafting.
6. I love chocolate. Favorite Dessert:Chocolate Cheesecake, Favorite Ice Cream: Chocolate Mousse Royale from Baskin Robbins, Favorite Chocolate Bar: Cadbury’s Flake (from Britain)
7. I’m a morning person. I like to get up early and my most productive time is in the morning.
I’m tagging these talented people… I’ve tried to find bloggers who haven’t already been tagged. If you haven’t been tagged and would like to play…feel free to consider yourself tagged as well! 🙂
The Kitchen Sink is just NOT my favorite place to be. I’d much rather be playing with my kids or of course, stamping up a storm. 🙂 But I had this opportunity to review Kitchen Sink Stamps for an article for Craft Critique. I know. That’s two articles in less than a week…I’ve been a very busy girl! LOL But….I’ve been having so much fun, so it’s all good, right? My new Kitchen Sink Stamps were fabulous to work with. Love their style! I think I’m now addicted. I’ve included one of my designs below and the rest of my article is at Craft Critique. 🙂
Your Kindness Touched My Heart
This is one of my favorite designs that I’ve created with these new kitchen Sink Stamps. Love the flourishes and swirls…this stamp is from the Thanks With Style set. I just had to try it out with a little style. 🙂 A little different from what I usually do but oh so fun in a funky way.
When I saw this stamp, I just had to pair it up with this gorgeous Romantica line paper by Prima. It has that same great look… a little elegant, a little grunge. Pulling the color combo from the paper, I used Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Bravo Burgundy. The heart image is actually two stamps which makes it very flexible to use. I was really pleased with the clean impression these clear stamps gave with dye ink, even on the first try. A little sponging around the layers added to the dimension and style of this design.
For my embellishments, I added a small red heart clip from Making Memories. These are so darling and come in all kinds of colors and themes. Three little pewter brads anchor the main image at the bottom right. For my sentiment, I used one of the coordinating sentiments from the same set. Love that font and there are so many great thank you sayings. I stitched it down with a little brown stitching. I kept this design simple because I didn’t want to take away from the beauty of the images, both stamped and paper. Have a wonderful Friday!